With the official start to spring just days away (March 20th to be exact), I have suddenly zeroed in on all things striped. Maybe you have already noticed? I just recently shared a fun sleeveless striped top in my post titled, Must-have Pieces to Rock Straight into Spring as well as a few long sleeve options on Instagram (here and here). Today, I am encouraging you to get wrapped up in spring’s perennial yet so-now stripes trend as well! And why not start with a statement piece like this belted striped vest from Lafayette 148 New York.
Flaunting breezy side slits and a fringed hemline for a carefree finish, this piece is a conversation starter to say the least. What’s more, I am excited to add it to both my workweek and weekend wardrobes. This is because I find that the sleek blue and white stripes can work as sophisticated or casual, it just depends on your bottom half. I opted to pair my belted striped vest with a pair of cropped raw-edge hem jeans in white. White is always a wear-with-anything hue and the frayed edge just feels so-now! Truth be told… I purchased the jeans last spring and they were way too long so I cut them myself and have allowed the hems to organically fray over time. For those less patient, I have listed some ready to wear options below.
If you liked this spring outfit featuring stripes, I have linked to more outfit posts featuring stripes here. Or, if you are looking for more spring outfit inspiration, I have linked to more spring-inspired outfits here. As always, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram or SIGN UP to receive new posts by email!! xo, Sarah.
- Lafayette 148 New York Fergie Belted Striped Vest (available at Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdale’s or shop similar in white)
- Cropped Frayed Jeans in White (shop similar from Current/Elliott, Current/Elliott, Current/Elliott, Current/Elliott, and 3×1)
- Forever 21 Crisscross Faux Suede Sandals
- Saint Laurent Monogramme Chain Shoulder Bag (available at SAKS & Nordstrom)
- Capwell + Co Alyssa Cuff
- Capwell + Co Gold Jamie Ring
- Capwell + Co Gold Alexis Ring
- Capwell + Co Earth and Sky Ring
- BaubleBar Pisa Cuff
Photos by Marina Moiseeva
Thanks to Lafayette 148 New York for partnering with me on this post.