Each season, there is always that one denim trend that seems to dominate. This season, I have eagerly jumped on the cropped flare jeans bandwagon. This denim trend is very much about the shape: wide and cropped. However, 2016 is also all about adding contrast hems and frayed edges. These special details add a fresh point of view to any silhouette, especially to cropped flare jeans. The two styles combined is a major fashion win-win in my eyes.
Recently, I went on the hunt for the perfect pair. I came home with my new Madewell High Rise Ankle Bootcut Jeans. Featuring frayed hems that graze your ankles, the vintage-inspired high-rise jeans are exactly the pair I was dying to get my hands on. Styled with a trend-right bootcut silhouette, they are perfect for pairing with my favorite ankle boots this winter.
Since purchasing my cropped flare jeans, I have been playing around with ways to style them. Today’s look is one of my favorites. I paired the jeans with my favorite long-sleeve turtleneck, duster coat, and coordinating accessories. Gucci’s leather ankle boots featuring a block-heeled pair perfectly with the cropped pants. My Chloe Faye handbag features a soft suede flap, polished ring, and pendant chain for a subtle glam-rock flair. Altogether, this look is really a go-anywhere look.
- Madewell High Rise Ankle Bootcut Jeans (Essex Wash)
- GUCCI Horsebit-Detailed Leather Ankle Boots (more options by Madewell & Forever 21)
- Chloe Faye Small Suede and Calfskin Handbag (also available at SAKS and in larger size)
- Somedays Lovin Shrubs Wool Duster Coat (shop similar H&M Coat)
- LAFAYETTE 148 NEW YORK Long-Sleeve Cotton-Cashmere Turtleneck (shop similar H&M Turtleneck)
MORE FRINGE JEANS TO LOVE