Just recently I realized that I have been living under skinny jean captivity. It is actually pretty funny. Since the beginning of their popularity I was sold. Not being overly tall, skinny jeans are totally easy for me to pull off and extra forgiving when rolled to ankle length. So for the last few years, skinny jeans have become my go-to denim style. I think this can be said for almost everyone. However, denim is having its day again. And legs are finally free again.
Like old times, denim is having more fun than ever. From high-rise cuts that create legs-for-days to boot cut, flares, and boy jeans, my denim collection has expanded its vocabulary. While this denim revolution may be thanks to 90s and 70s influences during recent seasons, many styles are now hybrids of previous classic denim styles. Cuffs, frayed edges, patchwork, and staggered seams are all making denim really exciting again. So exciting, that I found myself head-to-toe in a denim on denim outfit. Wearing my denim jacket layered over a chambray stripe shirt and Madewell high rise bootcut jeans just felt so right!
- Madewell High Rise Ankle Bootcut Jeans (Essex Wash) (shop similar from Madewell)
- Forever 21 Distressed Denim Jacket
- Madewell Chambray Stripe Shirt
- Chloe Faye Small Suede and Calfskin Handbag (also available at SAKS and in larger size)
- BaubleBar Pisa Cuff
- Ray Ban 50mm Retro Round Metal Sunglasses (available at Nordstrom & SAKS)
MORE DENIM TO LOVE