I think the saying goes, “Once is a fluke. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is a trend.” Well this post makes three as I’ve shared my love for statement-making bell sleeves this season in two of my most recent posts (here and here). I just can’t get enough of the dramatic appeal bell sleeves add to a dress or top. So, my latest obsession continues with my recent purchase of an embroidered bell-sleeve peasant top that I found at Forever 21 for under $20! Since I’ve purchased the top, it has been on heavy rotation. Meaning, I’m 100% guilty of strategizing who has already seen me in the top so that I can wear it to multiple events! That being said, the top is very versatile. I’ve managed to dress it up and down. The delicate embroidery, tie at the neckline, and full-volume sleeves make it a statement piece that you can easily pair with any of your go-to wardrobe staples (denim jeans, white pants, etc.) For a cocktail-ready look, I’ve opted to pair the showstopper with black high-waisted shorts and black and gold accessories. I personally like how the gold accents on my handbag compliment the rich color of the mustard top. Looking forward, pieces like this will definitely carry into next season as strong 70s and bohemian influences are forecasted to continue into fall.
- Forever 21 Embroidered Bell-Sleeve Peasant Top (also available in cream and rust)
- Forever 21 Cat Eye Sunglasses (shop similar at Shopbop and in brown)
- High Waist Shorts (shop similar at Nordstrom, NastyGal, and Express)
- Chloe Drew Mini Chain Shoulder Bag in Black (also available at Nordstrom)
- Prada Black Suede Cutout Detail Pumps
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Lip Stain